Our weekend included a special visit from Josh's cousin, Stefanie and her husband, Chris and son, Hunter. I can't even begin to describe how much fun the boys had together. I waited until that morning to tell Rory we were going to the zoo and that we would see Hunter. He was so excited!
The zoo has a new Dinosaur Island Exhibit and the boys had a blast! We took a boat ride which included animatronic dinosaurs, huge fake bugs and dinosaurs that squirt water. I'm certain the water was a favorite!
It was neat to see the boys together (adults and kids!) and how they interacted. Even though they are only 14 months apart, being this young it's not a huge difference but it's still very noticeable. Rory was trying to imitate everything Hunter did. It's been awhile since both of them have been together but they acted like long lost buddies.
The boys touched a black snake named Mark. I stood long enough to take the picture and quickly backed away. Black snakes are common for our area and I know they eat mice and are helpful to farmers, yada, yada, yada. I never want to be that close to once again!
It was such a lovely way to spend time with family and catch up.

No comments:
Post a Comment