Monday, May 27, 2013

Dinosaur Island

Have I mentioned we love the zoo?  We do!  We spend A LOT of time there, especially when the weather is nice.

This weekend my aunt and uncle, Beth and Sean were over our way for a wedding so we were able to meet up at the zoo.  When I told Rory that we would see Aunt Beth and Uncle Sean at the zoo he clasped his hands over his mouth (Home Alone style) and said, "I can't believe it!"  It was like I handed him the winning lottery ticket numbers.




We had a great time and saw a few things that we had never seen before.  The polar bears were loving the cooler temps that morning and the zookeeper threw them yummy fish and toys with peanut butter in the water.  We had a great view in the underwater viewing area!


The dinosaur exhibit was packed but we braved it anyway since Rory specifically requested it.  Here he is petting a "baby dinosaur."  

The line for the boat ride was an hour long but Rory said he was willing to wait.  After about 30 minutes of patiently waiting in line, the zoo announced that the boats were broken!  I'm starting to sense a theme of rides breaking after we wait in line!  Rory was quite a trooper about the whole ordeal--and I made it up to him by stopping at Dairy Queen later.

                                                 

I'm thankful the zoo was very nice about the whole ordeal and gave us comp tickets to come back.  It's a good thing because I asked Rory where he wanted to go for his birthday dinner and he said, "Dinosaur Island!"


No comments: