Monday, May 13, 2013

Menu Plan thru May 19, 2013

I'm going back to some of our favorites this week.  I've tested a few recipes lately that looked great in the picture but were just ok.  So, I'm only trying one new recipe on Saturday.  I'm learning that just because my toddler likes something on Tuesday does not mean he will like it again on Wednesday.  I'm not sure how that happens.  I have figured that he much prefers meals with lots of flavor as opposed to dishes that are more bland.

I'm also sticking with some tried and true favorites because I can whip them together in a flash.  We will be planting our garden on Wednesday, since it looks like it is finally going to stay warm!  I'm so excited for Rory to see the process from start to finish.  He keeps talking about seeds so it should be a fun evening.  Rory and I also found a gorgeous garden center where we bought some flowers, green pepper starts, tomato starts, strawberry plants and he picked out the hanging basket.  Can't wait to get our hands dirty and watch our flowers and vegetables grow!





Here is what's on my line up:

Monday-Rory and I on a dinner date
Tuesday-Ham and Cheese Sliders with fresh or steamed broccoli
Wednesday-Italian Style Chicken Roll Ups, brown rice
Thursday-Crisp and Creamy Baked Chicken, steamed mixed veggies
Friday-leftovers
Saturday-Skillet Sausage and Pasta
Sunday-out after church

Breakfasts: Double batch of Blueberry Muffins  (The boys could eat a dozen at a time!)

I'm linking up to erinbrans and orgjunkie.

Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

Frugal Friend said...

Your menu looks great! I was also looking through your blog and read your post about the cicadas. I think it is coming up again very soon. I didn't remember them being so icky.