I keep envisioning the finish line and I have to admit I start to choke up--I'm a dork in that respect and things like that make me cry. If you run, and I cheer you on--I will probably cry for you. One of my quirks I suppose.
It feels a little bit like Christmas morning or some other grand excitement. I have my to-do list, my clothes are washed and set out just waiting to go for the longest run I've ever been on.
My good friend, Amy, suggested Rory make a sign to hold while he cheers us on. I thought it was a great idea so we spent the evening painting a poster. I asked Rory, "If you cheer someone on in a race, what would your sign say?" He held up his hand like a crossing guard and said, "STOP!" So, lesson learned...if you want Rory to cheer you on make sure it's at the finish line because he'll be sure to tell you when to STOP! This kid cracks me up!
We finally settled on, "You got this!" It's what I tell him when he's frustrated or trying to master a new skill. There are a lot of new things to learn as an almost 3 year old and he wants so badly to be independent and do things by himself. I say it to Josh when he's going into a new situation or gets called away. It's what I tell myself when I need a pep-talk, trying something new or meeting new people. I repeat the phrase over and over during those last few minutes of each long run. Each long run that gets longer than the one before. "You got this!"
See you at the finish line!
No comments:
Post a Comment