This is one of our favorite times of the year as a family. The leaves start changing, the weather is a glorious 70 degrees, it's cool in the evenings and best of all no humidity. I could live like this all year round--maybe this is why people flock to California.
Josh comes from a family of pumpkin farmers so maybe it's in his blood. We love pumpkins, hayrides, apple cider, Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin, the way the kitchen smells after baking a fresh batch of pumpkin bread...yes, this is our favorite time of year.
This is the frist fall that Rory is really getting the changes of seasons. It's so sweet to hear his little voice say, "It's cold?" and he looks like such a big kid with his jacket and hat on. He loves seeing all the pumpkins out and Grandma and Pappy just brought him a pumpkin fresh from the farm.
We took a short fall walk because Rory loves to be outside--I don't think he cares if it's 15 degrees or 100 degrees, he wants to be outside. He's recently discovered the use of his pockets and this is what he came up with after a walk....
I forsee many years of cleaning out pockets and finding "treasures." As long as none of the treasures are alive I'm ok with that!
Go grab yourself a slice of pumpkin bread, curl up with a blanket and enjoy this fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment