Monday, October 15, 2012
Menu Plan thru October 21,2012
This time of week comes around so quickly! Although I do enjoy menu planning, preparing cooking and cleaning up I reserve Sundays for leftovers and no cooking. We try our hardest to keep Sunday as our day of rest. It's not always easy but for the most part it works. For a family of three I'd rather cook larger meals that yield leftovers for lunch the next day and leftovers for Sunday. So here it is:
Monday-Pumpkin Waffles
Tuesday-Beans with ham and cornbread
Wednesday-Bacon wrapped chicken and green beans (we never got to this one last week)
Thursday-spaghetti casserole
Friday-leftovers
Saturday-Rachel Ray's sloppy joes and tater tots (always a huge hit in our house)
Sunday-leftovers
I also try to have something homemade for breakfast and a special treat each week. It keeps my boys happy and I know they aren't eating processed or prepackaged foods for breakfast. It doesn't always happen this way but I try!
Breakfast-leftover pumpkin waffles
Treat-oatmeal peanut butter chip cookies
Happy Cooking!
This menu and others can be seen here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment