Yes-I know it's Tuesday and I'm a bit late.
Do you menu plan? It's one of my favorite household chores to do. I started about 3 years ago and I look forward to it every week. Cooking isn't for everyone but I truly love being in the kitchen and creating a dish for the people I love. I don't even mind the cleanup.
It also helps me keep grocery spending under control, shop the sales and use up what I already have. I use coupons but am in no way extreme. If I can save a few dollars each trip, I'm happy.
My Mom is a great cook and both of my Grandmothers are excellent in the kitchen. So, maybe it's genetic? I thought I'd start sharing my menu in case you need some inspiration but also for myself. If I get stuck in a rut then I can look back for inspiration.
Monday-Chick-Fil-A-Rory loves their sandwiches and I do too!
Tuesday-Shake-n-Bake chicken breasts, green beans and applesauce
Wednesday-Open Face Lone Star Burgers, fries and fresh pears
Thursday-leftovers
Friday-Cheesy Chicken & Mac
Saturday-Lunch-Chicken Crunch Supreme
Dinner-Buttermilk Waffles
Sunday-Lunch-maybe out to Raising Cane's
Dinner-leftovers
So, there you have it! Happy Cooking!
If you need more inspiration stop by I'm an Organizing Junkie
2 comments:
I love menu planning!! I will look forward to these every week! Do you grocery shop weekly?
Yes-I go once a week for a big trip, usually on Sunday or Monday. Maybe once a month I go back at the end of the week if I plan lunchmeat for later in the week. I'm weird about lunchmeat so I try to buy it only a day or so before I actually need it. So, if I know we are having club sandiwches on Friday I'll go back to the store on Thursday and pick that up. It also gives me a good reason to walk across the street to Kroger for some extra exercise. :)
Post a Comment