Moving 120 miles away from "home" has given us a different way of doing things. Since moving we've really had a chance to explore, be "tourists" in our new hometown and find a lot of great free activities. Being as frugal as I am I try to search out activities that are free or inexpensive.
Our favorite has become picnicking at the local airport which is thankfully a 20 minute walk or 5 minute car ride. The boys used to sit outside on a bench watching the airplanes take off and land. Recently though, the old control tower was turned into an observation tower. How cool is that? Often, we pack lunch or pick up sandwiches and head up to the airport observation tower.
Every now and then a worker has allowed us to go out and look at the planes in the hangar. I assume we look non-threatening since we have a toddler!
This really is a boys dream lunch date!


No comments:
Post a Comment