It's going to be a busy week for us but not so busy in the kitchen. Josh has training this week and lunch is provided so I don't need to cook as much for leftovers. I'm still a bit nervous about trick-or-treat since this is the first year I have to coordinate dinner and get Rory out the door. Luckily, our neighbors are tag teaming with us. Between 4 of us we can get 2 kids out the door, right?
None the less we also have Frankenstorm bearing down so I was hesitant to buy a bunch of food and then the weather go out. This happened to us at the beginning of summer and we threw out so much food I wanted to cry! It's bear minimum until I know our refrigerator will stay on.
Anyway, so here is the lineup:
Monday-Italian Subs, recipe courtesy of my good friend Emily
Tuesday-leftovers from the weekend
Wednesday-Happy Halloween!! Chick-fil-A nugget tray, chips and applesauce
Thursday-Aloha Chicken (we didn't get to this last week)
Friday-Josh and I are going on a real date! Rory will be going out for pizza with Aunt Sue and Uncle Linn
Saturday-my Mom and friend Donna are coming for a visit and we usually always go out to eat
Sunday-Rory and I will be visiting my Grandma for lunch and it will be leftovers for dinner
Treat-lemon cookies
See what I mean about a busy week but not so busy in the kitchen? It balances out I suppose!
I am currently roasting pumpkin seeds and will let you know how that goes.
You can also view this menu here.
Happy Cooking!
2 comments:
I'm visiting from Organized Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday today. I’m also listening to ‘Cooking with Emeril’ on the Martha Stewart Show. He’s explaining a short rib recipe with coffee that just sounds so delicious right now.
Looks like there’s going to be some amazing meals this week. I hope you don't have to deal with Sandy.
Happy Halloween!
Thanks for stopping by!! We are mostly getting side effects from Sandy and not the brunt of the storm, thankfully! I've never ventured into short rib territory but I'm sure the husband would like me to. :)
Post a Comment