Although I'm a bit late, from our family to yours we hope that you had a wondeful Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving usually works out perfect for us schedule wise. Josh had Wednesday and Thursday off so I took a few days and Josh took an extra day and we ended up having a wondeful extended weekend. After our gym class on Wednesday we headed for Cincinnati where we would be spending 2 1/2 glorious days!
On Thursday we spent the day with my side of the family and my aunt (Mom's sister) and uncle.
Mom and I have gone shopping on Black Friday for years now...I would say at least 10 years. We got up early on Friday and headed to our favorite stores; Kohls and Target. We also stopped for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A....I could eat a million chicken mini's...they are SO good!
This was what Mom found for Rory at Target. It's a Lightning McQueen suitcase and backpack. She gets ancy and ends up giving him surprises. I don't think either of them could wait until Christmas!
I guess we need to travel somewhere now! Rory is ready for an adventure. He was very concerned about his backpack and it had to accompany us the remainder of the time we spent in Cincinnati.
My Mom has a cat, Sweet Pete or just Pete for short. Rory is fascinated with him and I'm not quite sure why because we have a cat. Our cat though is afraid of Rory and she generally only appears when Rory is asleep. Pete however is not afraid or skittish like a typical cat. He hangs right in there and I think even enjoys Rory trying to be friends with him. And don't worry--I know animals are still animals and I would never leave Rory with an animal unattended. :)
After resting up on Friday we headed to visit Josh's family. We had a great time! We also found out that we are going to be Aunt Jenna and Uncle Josh around June 2013! It may seem odd but I'm really excited to be an Aunt! I'm guessing it's because I have such amazing aunts! I'm happy for Rory to have a cousin to play with and have a new addition to our extended family. Maybe it's because I'm a Mom but I keep thinking about this new baby and how much I already love this little life that we will get to meet very soon.
One of the things I love about the Smith's is that they are gamers...not the video game type but nearly every time we get together a board game or card game beings. In the past we've played Trivial Pursuit but after some long and down right excruciating rounds we've moved onto games that require less "trivial" knowledge. I love to play games and always have. It's so refreshing to have that time spent together. By the way-Josh and I dominate at Sequence...almost unstoppable!
Here's to many more Thanksgiving as wonderful as this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment