Monday, November 26, 2012

Gym Time!

I was able to take a few days off around the Thanksgiving Day holiday and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Normally, Josh and Rory have gym time at our local recreation center.  It's happens to fall on Josh's off days so it's a great activity for them to do together.  I always miss out since I'm at work but this week I got to have the stay-at-home mom experience and I loved every minute of it.

The gym time for toddlers isn't overly structured.  The teacher sets up "stations" and the kids can go to different stations or stay at the same one if they want. 



Rory is pretty good at holding his own weight and swinging. This bar was really high though so Josh kept his hands on him.



Rory was so proud of himself after walking across the balance beam!  I just love to see his beaming face after he accomplishes his task.  That is one thing I truly love about this age.  Toddlers really want to accomplish and learn and they are so proud when they reach their goal.


Did you notice how Josh keeps one hand on Rory and the other on his coffee? :)  Rory's favorite activity is the long trampoline. I couldn't get a picture of it though because he moves so fast they all come out so blurry!  It's so funny though to watch him run and bounce and this is the perfect way to burn off some energy!

3 comments:

Sacred Saving said...

What gym do you go to? It looks like fun!

The Chicken Lady said...

Who knows, this could be the beginning of an Olympic career!

Jenna Smith said...

Chronicles-I hope so! That would be awesome. Right now, Rory has no fear of trying new things so I figure if we start early maybe he can learn some really neat things.

Sacred-We go to our local rec center. We live in Ohio. I didn't discover it until recently but most suburbs have either a YMCA or a rec center. Each class only costs about $3 so it's worth every penny!