Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Great Weeekend and a Day Off!

You know the weekends that you look back and think, "Wow-that was a great weekend!"?  Well, that was our weekend.  The weather mostly cooperated, we had so much fun and I even crossed many items off my to-do list.

Friday night my Dad came up to stay through to Saturday.  We ventured out for frozen yogurt (both nights!) and I tell you, Rory is my child through and through.  Out of all the available flavors he wanted pumpkin.  That's my boy!  I love pumpkin anything.  Rory loved it so much so that he did not let one drop go to waste.


Saturday morning Josh and I went to look at a house.  We are currently renting a condo but it's not a lifestyle we prefer.  It works now in the short-term but not something that we want to do long term.  It was really exciting to go look at the house and I hope we can start the buying process soon. 

After our house hunt we went for lunch.  When Dad comes up we usually try to pick out someplace new to eat.  Since we relocated to a different city there are lots of restaurants that we didn't have before.  We chose Firehouse Subs.  It was pretty yummy--the subs were warm, which is the way I like them and Rory loved the firehouse memorabilia. 



This is Rory being goofy with "Papa's" sunglasses on the way home.



Our great weekend stretched right on into Monday.  I had the day off in observance of Veteran's Day.  Most importantly, thank you to all the veteran's that have served or are currently serving to protect and secure our freedom.

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time!  It was a few hours that we were going to get to spend as a family doing something fun.  Originally, I intended to go to the zoo but the downpour forced me to come up with an alternative plan.  I settled on an indoor play yard.  It's a company that sells jungle gym equipment in an indoor showroom but for a $5 fee you can go play on all the equipment.  We all had a fabulous time and by the end of the morning I knew I hadn't settled at all!

Rory loved the trampolines and the football yard where we could "tackle" each other.  I have to admit I thought the trampolines were pretty fun too.  He also loved climbing up the ropes and for his age I thought he seemed exceptionally coordinated.




After playing so hard we refueled at Chick-fil-A and went home and chilled out.  All in all a perfect day!

No comments: