From our family to yours...Happy Easter! We are so thankful for the gift of Jesus and his unconditional love for us. We know that is what the season and holiday is about but we did join in some other fun! Here is a quick view of our weekend:
My Dad came up on Friday so the three of us headed to the zoo. They were do a special event which involved vendors passing out treats and some of the animals were given special "eggs" filled with their favorite treats. My Dad and Rory are quite a team and I mostly am the third wheel that takes pictures! I love that they are buddies.
Our zoo has a few rides and it's one of Rory's favorite things to do. He loves the carousel and the train is a must! It's only $1 so we ride every time we go. To Rory it is pure happiness and he gets me laughing every time because he has so much fun.
Dad and I stuffed eggs on Friday for our hunt on Saturday morning. The weather was predicted to be a complete wash on Sunday so we did all of our outdoor activities on Saturday. Mom and Uncle Seth were able to join us for the fun!
I wasn't sure what Rory would do this year with the eggs...as soon as he discovered there were chocolate M&M's on the inside he was all about finding the eggs. It was fun to watch him dart from one end of the yard to the other to find his treasures.
Most people say Rory has my facial expressions but you can't deny that this one is all Josh!
Rory has just as much fun opening all his eggs and sorting his "m's" and coins into piles as he did looking for the actual eggs. The closer he gets to 3 the more personality he has...he is all about making funny faces these days!
It was such a beautiful day on Saturday so all the boys went for a bike ride.
High 50's+sun+bikes=happy boys!
This is the first year we colored eggs with Rory and he thought it was fun! I think he was a bit surprised by the color.
Uncle Seth and Rory had just as much fun coloring on the clean newsprint as they did coloring eggs! I'm just now noticing...Superman and Batman...what a team!
I think Rory was a little confused about the Easter basket and he had just woken up but this is his attempt at a smile for me.
And of course, we went to Sunday morning services! What a handsome bunch!
Happy Easter!
Love,
The Smiths


No comments:
Post a Comment