Monday, March 25, 2013

Bye Bye Condo!

The last week and a half have been crazy but as I sit here and type this, I look back and it was all worth it.  Our families spent many weekends helping paint, watching Rory and taking loads of things over to the "new house."  Josh was at the house most nights before and after work which meant some nights being over here well past 1:00 am and I was here before work, sometimes as early as 5:00 am to paint and get to work by 8:00.  It was a team effort and we are so happy with the outcome.

There was a lot of this....(A LOT!)

A little of this...
I did learn that if you take someone's picture while they are doing electrical work you should forwarn them.  I may have given my Dad a heart attack!


Moving Day went so well and much fast than I had anticipated.  The past couple weeks we had been taking a load of things over to the house each time we went.  We got up early on Wednesday and had pretty much everything moved.  By 1:00 were waiting on the movers to get the beds, mattresses and my piano.






I have also never been more thankful for pbskids.  Watching TV is a treat for Rory and we try not to make it a habit.  He was so happy that he got to watch TV all morning while we moved boxes.  In fact, if we got too loud he would let us know that he could not hear the TV!

The official moving crew!  This was at the end of the day and we were all tired...and Rory insisted on wearing pajamas.  Not sure why but usually toddlers don't have an explanation!


At the end of the day we did a lot of this....



I've had lots of people ask me if I will miss the condo and that is a loaded question.  Josh rented the condo and found it with his Aunt Sue.  I was busy in another city with Rory and trying to sell our current house.  The condo was like a little present that Josh picked out for us.  Although small, it was clean and in good shape.  It was in a perfect location.  So, will I miss the condo?  No.  Will I miss the memories that we made and that particular lifestyle?  Yes. It was the home that Rory learned to walk in and may be the first home he will have faint memories of.

Rory and I spent many evenings walking across the street to the grocery.  We could head either due east or west and be at an ice cream or yogurt shop in 16 minutes.  Yes, I timed it.  We made some amazing friends that were in a similar situation and moved in one week after us and one door down. I will miss the amazing park that was behind our house.  We spent many sunny afternoons and evenings there.  Rory loved the baseball diamonds.  We'd play ball or I remember one evening we spent nearly 30 minutes just picking rocks out of the pitchers practice mound.  I watched the sunrise on my morning runs and watched the sun go down as we tried to convince Rory that it was, in fact, time to go home.


It was time for us to go and I'm excited for the new memories that we will make in our home.  It's exciting to see the empty pages that lay ahead and I wonder what fun things we will do to fill them with memories.  The possibilities are exciting and endless!







No comments: