I feel like I'm at the point in my training where I could easily turn back and say I'm going to quit. The long runs (at least for me) are getting loooong! We are so busy painting at our new house and life is just plain busy. BUT, this is something I really want to do. I want to cross that finish line and know that I accomplished something I would not have dreamed I could do.
Let me show you some sneak peeks at my inspiration...
I've had trouble with my knees in the past so I'm strict about making sure I stretch everyday, even if it's not a run day. This is what happens when I stretch:
Sometimes I can convince Rory to stretch with me but mostly he just plays interference! I love it! Someday he will be too big to squeeze into my lap so I'm happy he still wants to cuddle up with me.
When he looks at me and says, "Mommy, you go running?" I know that I'm doing the right thing. If I stick close to home him and Josh will wave to me out the window. What better motivation is that? I have to be his example and show him how to stay healthy. It's no good to say be healthy and eat healthy but then not do it myself.
We've been increasing our veggies and healthy eating in general. I realized that our veggie intake was severely low...like really never. I was a little shocked but if I don't make a big deal out of veggies they do get eaten, or at least tried. Last night, I set green peppers and ranch dip (just a little bit) on the table for a snack before dinner. Rory and Josh both went right for them and they were gone! I'm on a mission now to not only be active but serve healthy meals that our bodies need.
And....not that I need more motivation than that but new kicks never hurt!
So excited because I have a long run tomorrow and I really just want to wear my new shoes! They are so comfy and the fact that they are neon pink is an added bonus!
3 comments:
Okay, I LOVE your new shoes. Where did you get them?
Me too me too! Boring white with a little color is all That was popular a few years ago
Emily-they came from our local running store. The brand is Saucony. I've never run with those before but so far I really like them!
Post a Comment