Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Homemade Gifts

I meant to get this post up right after Christmas...I couldn't do it before without people guessing what they were receiving as gifts.  Better late than never I suppose.  So--I love making homemade gifts.  Don't get me wrong-I also love shopping for gifts but there is something heartfelt about a homemade gift.  Last year I only did one homemade gift and this year I ramped it up and wanted to do more.  Next year will be even better!

I took a sewing class this summer and had a blast.  I would have rocked the 50's era....I love cooking, baking and sewing.  Gardening will be added to that list as soon as we get in our house.  (56 days and counting!).  Anyway, taking that class kind of lit this sewing fire and I wanted to sew more. 

Two of my gifts this year were on the sewing docket....I made this pillow for my Mom.  She is 100% hoosier and technically I'm 50% so I thought this would be a really fun idea.  This used to be a t-shirt but I thought it would make an awfully cute pillow.  I cut the shirt down into a pillow pattern and whipped this out.


An apron was the first thing I really ever attempted by myself...although my Mom really helped me during some tricky parts.  After that I was ready to tackle one on my own.  My mother-in-law doesn't use aprons...instead she shoves a dishtowel down the front of her shirt.  Although a viable option, I wanted to make her a pretty apron.  Here is the final outcome!  What do you think?


My Dad love protein bars so Rory and I made him a fresh batch!  Remember these?  So yummy and I know you can cut them up, freeze and pull out a bar anytime!

My mom received a photo book of the highlights of our year.  This is maybe not technically homemade but I did upload the pictures. :) 

Can't wait to show you what is in store for next year!  My wheels have already been spinning about what I can make.

No comments: