Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013: A Bucket List

Happy New Year!!  From our family to yours we pray that 2013 brings you peace, love and happiness!


Let me start by saying I'm not a resolution maker--I'm just not.  I have in the past and by January 4th I'm discouraged and ready to give up.  If it works for you that is great but for me, it just doesn't.  However, a bucket list does seem more appealing.  Creating goals that are clear, concise, and moderately achievable-well, that is right up my alley.

I love the idea of a bucket list but creating a list that would last a lifetime seems daunting to me.  I'm very organized and I like to break up big goals into smaller more manageable ones.  Doing this also gives me that instant gratification.  I can get something done this month and cross it off my list...or wait 10 years for a dream trip to Ireland.

I'm a doer, a finisher, a crosser-offer. 

I need to feel that accomplishment...even if it's only to take a Sharpie marker and cross something off my to-do list.

Josh will tell you I'm a list maker.  I love lists!  I don't forget things, I remember everything I need at the grocery and I remember everything I'm supposed to be doing.  The only times I forget are when it's not on my list.

So rather than creating resolutions or a forever bucket list I'm creating a list of things I want to do before 2013 kicks the bucket!

Without further adieu here are a few things I'd like to accomplish in the coming year.

1.  Buy a house  (this one is kind of in the bag but it was a goal so I'm leaving it on and when we close I'll cross it off.)

2.  Run a half marathon

3.  Donate my hair (only if my hair grows enough to donate)

4.  Go on a shooting date with Josh

5.  Have a family picnic in our new backyard

6.  Start a fruit/veggie garden with Rory

7.  Visit our friends in Texas

What's on your bucket list this year?

1 comment:

Stephanie Hall said...

I love your 2013 bucketlist. I hope you get everything accomplished!