We've always been fans of Dr Seuss--who doesn't love The Cat in the Hat? Rory has enjoyed those books ever since he could pick out his own book for us to read. I'm fairly certain Josh and I could both recite from memory The Lorax or Hop on Pop! So, a Dr Seuss party seemed perfect!
We had green eggs and ham (sandwiches), one fish two fish (goldfish) and red fish blue fish (Swedish fish). Most of our theme leaned more towards The Lorax so I made marshmallow pops because everyone loves a good marshmallow!
"Plant a seed inside the Earth-there's just one way to know it's worth!"
For dessert we had Trufella Tree cupcakes and they were really cute--until the humidity zapped them. Lesson learned-if you use cotton candy for anything you must assemble last minute because it will turn to rock candy in a matter of an hour or so! Whoops!
We were blessed to have family from all corners of our little world come and visit. We've also made some great new friends in our new corner and they came to celebrate too!
Rory loves to sing people Happy Birthday and sometimes at home we sing it just because. It has to be someones birthday somewhere! As I was holding him I could hear him singing softly, "Happy Birthday to me!"
I still scratch my head when I think about my little guy being 3! I feel like just yesterday I was waddling around waiting to meet this amazing person-and now here he is. I can't imagine what our life would be like without him. We are truly blessed beyond measure. I think being a parent has shed light on what love really is.
"It's not about what it is. It's about what it can become. Just like...you're not just a boy." -The Oncler
He's our boy and I can't wait to see what a wonderful and amazing person he will become! I am hoping that time does slow down just a bit though!
1 comment:
I love the Dr. Seuss idea. Hope his birthday was a blast!
Post a Comment