Since Thanksgiving of last year we have been awaiting the arrival of this sweet precious baby! We didn't know if a boy or girl was coming and I have to admit that I had my bets on a girl. Maybe because I'd really like to buy some dresses and hair bows! But, it's a BOY and we are thrilled to be an Aunt and Uncle.
Carl Daniel was born on June 2nd at 4:04 pm weighing 7 pounds and 14 ounces! He wasn't expected to be here but came early! I thought he might make it for our wedding anniversary but he was even earlier than that.
Maybe I am a bit partial but he is already my favorite and most handsome nephew! His Mom (Josh's sister) and Dad are doing a wonderful job of being parents!
Even though Rory is just 3 it's amazing how quickly you forget the "newborn stage" but it all came flooding back to me. I even changed a poopy diaper and I forgot how little those newborn diapers are and how fast you need to have the next diaper ready!
We all enjoyed some snuggle time-including Rory, who asked in the car before our visit if we could sing Happy Birthday to Carl. We did and I'm sure Carl didn't know what was happening but something I will remember for a long time.
I thought Rory would be concerned that I was holding another baby but it didn't phase him one bit. There were pizza and cupcakes to be eaten and poor Uncle Dan got worked over a bit! Rory was fascinated with Carl's hair and head and he kept touching him. Occasionally, when Carl would squeak I'd hear Rory lovingly coo or shush at him. It was pretty neat to see the two of them and I hope they grow up to be great buddies!
Rory and Josh helped collect the eggs at the farm. This was the first time I had seen any of the chickens. You can read all about them here. We even heard Fumm give his most valiant effort at a crow but he still needs some work! It was quite hilarious to say the least!
I know that these are truly the best days of our lives and I want to remember these moments when our babies really are babies. We couldn't be happier to have a nephew and Rory is excited to have another boy to play with! It will be exciting to see them grow up together and not only be friends but family.
No comments:
Post a Comment