I love a good find--especially if it's free. Since Josh and I just purchased a home we've been doing our best to furnish and decorate. The house has a formal living room but we aren't really formal living type of people so I'm turning into a craft/music room. We will get much more use out of that! Long story short but my craft room needs a table. My Dad and I came up with a plan to build one. He's good at building things like that and I'm good at coming up with ideas of thing for him to build. It's great teamwork!
On the way home last night I spotted a table in our neighborhood out by the curb. The table just called for me to come and get it. So, Rory and I walked down the street to get the scoop. The homeowner said it was indeed out for the trash and that we would be doing her a favor if we took it. Well, I do love to help out and be a good neighbor!
My plan is not to use the actual table but take the legs off and put it on a longer rectangle piece of wood so it will be more like a desk where two people could sit and craft together. What do you think? I have to wonder what Rory in his 3 year old mind thought as his Mama is rolling a table down the street. Ha!
And this is what's up in my kitchen this week:
Monday-Chicken Carbonara Risotto
Tuesday-Rory and I will grab something quick before music class
Wednesday-Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, fresh or steamed broccoli
Thursday-Buttermilk Waffles and Breakfast/egg casseroles
Friday-Grilled hot dogs, grilled zucchini and applesauce
Saturday-leftovers
Sunday-Out to celebrate Josh and I completing our first half marathon!
Breakfasts:
Chocolate Chip Scones
Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cupcakes
I'm linking up to erinbrans and orgjunkie.
Happy Cooking!
1 comment:
The table looks like at one time it had a leaf or two to enlarge it. I would take the base, extend it all the way and attach a hollow interior door to the base. The door works great for all types of crafting and sewing, is very sturdy but not as heavy to move, and you can paint it or stain it what ever color you want.
Post a Comment