Thursday, January 12, 2017

Deck The Halls-Part 1

Trimming the tree is a little more stressful than I had anticipated with an almost 2 year old.  Ha!  Our tree is older, the kind you organize by color and put in color order on a metal pole.  It never fails, one year we get something mixed up and our tree is a less than perfect shape. :)  It gives it character!

Andrew was crazy busy--to say the very least.  He had a fun time running the tree pieces back and forth, back and forth...and back and forth! I think this is the first year that Rory was helpful--he is 6 1/2 so it was fun to actually do something "with" him as opposed to "directing" him the entire time.  I'm looking forward to this phase of life with him.





The boys really enjoyed the time getting the tree out and together.  That is about as far as we got the first night, because, as always, half of our lights have burned out since last year.




I just love these boys and their spunkiness--it's hard to catch a good picture of Rory these days where he isn't talking or making a goofy face.  Can't get enough of these brown and blue eyed boys! 






Being December 1, we started our advent.  We haven't quite settled on a tradition quite yet but for now we've done chocolate calendars.




And...the most important picture.  Rory took this and was quite proud of his photography skills.  It's always interesting to me to see his perspective on life. :)



No comments: