Monday, February 17, 2014

Menu Plan thru February 24, 2014

We've had a bit of life change that is going to alter how I menu plan.  Last week, I started part-time at my job--it is something I've been wanting for awhile now and I'm really excited about it!  This will be Rory and Josh's first week at home together every morning and afternoon so the boys are in charge of breakfast and lunch--which really means I need to plan for it.

I'm hoping to get the hang of it a little better because this first try at it took me a very long time.  The boys will probably change things around as we get the hang of this and that is fine.  Sometimes you just aren't in the mood for what is planned and that is OK.  I'm banking quite a bit on leftovers so this week will be a good test of how many leftovers we will actually have.



So, here is my first week of planning every meal:

Monday: Breakfast-cereal with milk and bananas
               Lunch-out at CFA after music class
               Snack-graham crackers with peanut butter
               Dinner-Spaghetti & garlic bread
Tuesday: Breakfast-cinnamon toast and apple slices
               Lunch-Annie's mac-n-cheese with orange slices
               Snack-yogurt
               Dinner-Mexican Beef and Bean Casserole
Wednesday: Breakfast-Pancakes, turkey sausage and oranges
               Lunch-Homemade chicken nuggets, baked fries and apple slices
               Snack-raisins
               Dinner-Ham, green bean and potato soup with corn muffins
Thursday: Breakfast-French Toast Muffins
               Lunch-leftover ham & green bean soup
               Snack-green peppers with ranch dressing
               Dinner-Lone Star Burgers
Friday: Breakfast-bagels
            Lunch-leftover burgers
            Snack-granola bar
            Dinner-leftover buffet
Saturday: Breakfast-Cinnamon Caramel Monkey Bread (it's a mix)
            Lunch-leftover buffet
            Snack-yogurt
            Dinner-egg & cheese on toasted bagels with turkey sausage
Sunday: Breakfast-granola bar or muffin
            Lunch-out
            Snack & dinner--cereal, crackers, leftovers

I'm linking up to Organizational Junkie for more menu planning ideas!

Happy Cooking!





No comments: