Monday, January 13, 2014

Menu Plan thru January 19, 2014

I, along with countless others, are trying to plan and prepare healthier meals.  Yesterday, Josh made the big announcement that we need to start eating healthier.  I think it's a little bit funny because he generally makes face at overly healthy dishes.  Haha! Overall, we do really well.  BUT, I think we have too many treats and not enough veggies so I could work to improve.  My goal for future meals is to always have a veggie, which most times I leave out.  I couldn't figure out how to do a veggie for breakfast but I'm a work in progress.


I had to share this--my parents bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas and I'm really enjoying it.  Rory loves to help me in the kitchen--his favorites are dumping ingredients into the bowl or popping the egg yolks with a spoon.  This time though since I had a new gadget I let him turn it on and off--he was doing really well, until he dumped in the flour.  In a split second he cranked the mixer up as high as it would go--flour was everywhere and I was standing right there!  I'm still finding it a week later! 


Here is our lineup!

Monday-Rory and Mom date night, he will probably pick Chick-Fil-A or Firehouse Subs
Tuesday-Grilled Cheese, shredded zucchini, apple slices or oranges
Wednesday-Homemade chicken nuggets, garlic roasted potatoes, green beans
Thursday-Rachel Ray Sloppy Joes (to make it healthier I don't use oil and only a tablespoon of brown sugar, veggie straws and either apple slices or oranges
Friday-Homemade pancakes or waffles with sausage and orange juice
Saturday-Balsamic Marinated Chicken, Brown rice with shredded zucchini
Sunday-out for lunch, leftovers for dinner

Breakfasts-Toast, Cereal

I'm linking up to Organizational Junkie for meal planning ideas!

Happy Cooking!

No comments: