Our family had such a wonderful relaxing weekend that I completely forgot to menu plan for this coming week! Whoops! Luckily, I had started on some sort of outline earlier last week so I have a general idea.
We've been starting to harvest vegetables from our garden!! I also signed us up for a produce co-op. Maybe it's not really a co-op because we aren't contributing anything but every other week a bin of fresh fruits and veggies shows up at my door. It's awesome! We've only had 2 bin deliveries so far but I can already tell that I like it! This week a few things came that I don't normally buy so it's pushing my creative limits....like kale and bib lettuce. I can say without a doubt that I don't buy some of the items at the store because they don't look very appealing...but the head of lettuce I received this week is beautiful...literally. Anyway, all of this is make menu planning more fun and challenging.
Monday-Peanut Butter & Jelly, pretzels and grapes (believe it or not, that is really what I wrote down. Thankfully, we are a family that genuinely likes peanut butter and jelly)
Tuesday-Zucchini Pizzas
Wednesday- Sweet Chicky Nuggets. Josh and I will be eating ours in the form of a salad, tater tots and fresh cantaloupe
Thursday-Savory Chicken Pies
Friday-Out with Papa
Also, I need to figure out what to do with kale?!
I haven't planned as far as the weekend yet....I'll be looking at Organizational Junkie for a few ideas to round out the week!
Happy Cooking!
2 comments:
We love kale in Zuppa Tuscana Soup! This recipe is a yummy & healthy copycat of Olive Garden's
http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2010/01/zuppa-tuscana-soup.html
I love reading other menu plans for inspiration too! You can find mine here if you want to stop by! http://growingwests04.blogspot.com/
Make Kale Chips! They are baked in the oven. YUM!!!
Nice menu!
Post a Comment