Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!

 
We had a wonderful Christmas and some of our festivities aren't over yet!  Our week started with my side of the family.  Since Josh had to work they came to us which is really nice.  Rory helped everyone open their presents.  This was the first year he seemed to understand the process of exchanging gifts. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I think Rory's favorite gift was a Strider bike from Uncle Seth.  These boys are two happy bikers!

 
The day after we drove to visit my Grandma.  It was so cute to hear Rory call her "gra-granma."
 
 
While visiting, our cousins came by for a visit too. The boys couldn't resist challenging Seth to a video game. It cracked me up to see them all lined up like little ducks in a row!
 
 
Then, on Christmas Day (Josh was working again) we drove to see my Mom's side of the family across the border.  We always have a great time and there is always great food!  My cousin bought Rory a little remote control police car and he loves it!  We also got to meet our newest cousin, Tanner and see how big Dalton is getting!  I love having lots of kids and babies in our family!  It makes everything so magical and fun. 
 
 
 
Christmas at our house was actually on the 26th.  Luckily, Rory doesn't know yet that it doesn't happen on the 25th every year.  It's kind of funny though--we had planned to do this for quite awhile so for both myself and Josh it really did feel like Christmas Day on the 26th.  Rory slept in until 8:00 which is later than usual but we do still look pretty tired!
 
 
Oh my-I'm in love with this face! 
 
 
 
Josh received a bag of coffee as a gift.  It's his thing-he loves it.  If you drive by McDonald's with Rory he will tell you that is the "coffee place"!!    Rory kept saying he wanted coffee too so we let him try a little bit that had cooled down.  I knew he wouldn't like it but he was adamant that he try it.
 
 
His reaction was priceless!  This is him saying, "I don't like it!"  He must get that from me!
 
 
 
Then we ended our Christmas with a blizzard (or at least a mini one). It was the perfect day to be snowed it. Rory didn't enjoy the snow like I thought he would but I can't blame him for wanting to stay inside where it is warm.  He lasted about 30 seconds before turning around and coming back in.
 
 
This time next year we will be celebrating Christmas in our brand new (at least new to us) house and we are so excited for that!  I'm anxious to see what this upcoming year holds for our family
 
Love and Merry Christmas!