Sunday, June 15, 2014

4 years ago....

I looked like this....It's so hard to believe that was 4 years ago!  (In my defense, those darn hospital gowns make everyone look HUGE--I was not THAT big!)  So excited and waiting to see how our lives were going to change.  Josh and I did not find out at the 20 week ultrasound if we would be having a boy or girl and we kept all of our name ideas a secret--there was so much excitement and anticipation---maybe a little pain too.



After a long, very long, and eventful day we met Rory for the first time.  Such a sweet little face.  He melted my heart then and he still does today.  





It's just unreal to me how fast, truly blazing fast, time has gone.  "They" said that it would-"they" said it happens in the blink of an eye, "they" said enjoy these times, "they" said these are the best days of your life.  "They" were right--

These times truly are going too fast and as much hard work as it is to train a child up it's also a lot of fun but I need the fun to slow down a little.  Geesh--so we celebrate and enjoy each moment-yes, even the rough ones!

We generally end each night with a song, prayer and then:

"Goodnight, Rory"
"Goodnight, Mommy"
"I love you, Rory"
"I love you, Mommy"
"You are my favorite Rory"
"You are my favorite Mommy"

Be still my heart-- I hope he still says that when he is 14, 24, and 34.  He will always be my favorite Rory.

I can't imagine what life would be like without Rory and I'm so excited and anxious to see what the future holds for our little guy. 


Here is a little peek at our fun filled day:




Rory specifically requested this cake over 6 months ago.  It had to be pink.  Pink.  Not sure how other Moms would take it but I found it hysterical for two different reasons.  First, if you've ever read the book, "The Jolly Barnyard" the farmers wife makes the farmer a big, pink cake at the end of the book.  I'm fairly certain this was the source of his inspiration BUT secondly, my grandfather, who Rory never met, always wanted pink icing on his cake.  I never knew why but he always wanted pink icing so my Mom or Aunts made it for him.  Maybe pink icing is in our genes?






Happy Birthday to my sweet, loving, life of the party, best cuddle buddy, TV loving, soccer playing, bike riding 4 year old!

"The days are long but the years are short"-- a very wise friend.

No comments: