Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Andrew-2 Months

To the Batcave!



It's hard to believe 2 months has already gone by--and by the time I write this it's closer to 3 than 2.  Time is going fast and parents who have gone before were right--things with the second baby seem to go much faster.  

We love this little guy so much and are beyond thrilled that he is in our family!

Andrew weighs in at (a not-so-whopping) 11 pounds and 3 ounces and is 22.5 inches long.  He is in the 10th percentile for both height and weight.  I don't quite get this, though, because he can chug 24 ounces in a day like it's nothing.  He must be stashing it in a secret hiding place.  

Andrew likes:

Talking.  For the most part, he loves to have deep conversations with the ocean animals on his playmat, his Mommy, Daddy or big brother.  For most everyone else he turns stone faced and is super serious.

Being Naked.  Well, he is a boy.  He has more smiles and coos when he is wearing nothing and lounging.  He doesn't get to do it too often because you just never know what may happen!

Kicking and Punching.  His little movements are starting to look more coordinated and less herky-jerky.  He reaches for my face when I sing to him (my heart melts!), bats at his toys and is starting to reach for toys in front of him.

Andrew dislikes:

The carseat.  I haven't figured this one out yet.  He isn't hungry or tired but if we are in the car more than 15 minutes he screams and cries something awful.  Not even a pacifier works.  I'm hoping this is a phase and he will get used to it.

Other babies crying.  I have a feeling that Andrew is going to more of the sensitive type.  He rarely cries, except in the car seat (see above), BUT if he hears another baby cry his little face scrunches up, turns red and the cries start coming.  I don't know if it's an internal baby alarm or instincts but he can't take it when another baby cries. 

Andrew's milestones:

Tracking.  He can follow toys with his eyes and will watch me almost all the time.  

He is noticing artwork on the walls, ceiling fans, hanging lights.  This is great entertainment.

First giggle!!  He woke up at some point in the middle of the night because he peed through his jammies.  While I was changing him he starting talking and giggled at me.  I haven't gotten another giggle out yet but it's just right there under the surface.

Head holding abilities are almost perfected.  That little noggin can get heavy but he can hold his head up on his own most of the time.  Towards the end of the day or right before a nap he still needs some help but it won't be long and he won't need any help.

He sleeps through the night--yup, 12 hours with no feeding.  He aims to please, that one.  Don't get me wrong though--I'm still up a few times because he needs his pacifier or just wants to be held for a few minutes before conking back out.

I'm fairly certain he has auburn hair--in the sun it looks as red as Josh's but inside brown.  If I lay him on a light colored blanket or the changing table it is red...I just need it to grow a little longer to really be able to tell. :)

In no time at all he will be 3 months, and before you know it I'll be sending him off to college.  So, if time could just slow a bit that would be great.

No comments: