Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like spring!

We have been anxiously awaiting warmer weather and finally it seems "warmish" temperatures are here to stay.  In the wise words of Rory, "woot woot!"

As a Mom, I needed warmer weather for multiple reasons.  #1. Less germs which means less sickness.  We just had a flu scare at our house and Andrew was only 5 weeks.  I had the car packed in a matter of minutes and hightailed it to Cincinnati....far, far away from Josh and his flu.  Sorry sweets.  #2.  Boys need to be outside to play.  I think it may even be part of their genetic makeup.  Rory could spend hours playing in our garden, digging holes, picking up rocks, moving rocks from one pile to another.  It's his happy place.  #3.  My feet need flip flops.

This weekend we did some visiting in our former stomping grounds.  It was a lot of fun!

Andrew had his first playdate with his new cousin.  Joanna younger by just a week.  It's been fun to share pregnancy notes with her Mom and now baby notes!  We couldn't get either baby to grasp the seriousness of their first photo shoot together.  Ha!  Joanna wasn't happy and Andrew seemed confused!





After that, we headed to see Josh's grandparents.  It was great to visit--and show Andrew off.  Andrew and Rory are one of many great grandchildren on this side.  



It was beautiful and sunny out--so Great Grandpa, or as Rory refers to him as "Great Shaw" offered a gator ride.  Rory doesn't need to be offered that twice!  So, the boys (less Andrew), took the gator out for a ride.



The next day, we went to Kings Island.  We spent most of the day like this....




Somehow, we managed to get in everyone's favorite ride except one.  Rory is such a daring one...He loves roller coasters and he doesn't get that from me!  If he was tall enough to ride, he got on.  He loved it--just giggled the whole way and after the ride would dance and jiggle around with excitement.  It was as if he physically could not keep his excitement in!




My job at Kings Island is to be the keeper of wallets, sunglasses, hats and other apparel that might fall off.  It's ok--I really enjoy watching other people have fun.  I'm not a roller coaster type of person!  Andrew and I are in the below picture--believe it or not, he is there!  I would not have considered myself the baby "wearing" type but I'm a believer now!  He was warm and dry in his pouch and it was so much easier than getting him in and out of the stroller, and worrying about keeping him warm on a chilly, damp day.



At the end of the day, we had ice cream and then headed home to warm up and dry out.



No comments: