Monday, October 14, 2013

Menu Plan through October 20, 2013

It's been awhile since I've posted my menu plan but I have been making a menu plan...it happens every week in my household. 

When I was working on this week's plan, Rory and I were sitting in the kitchen together.  He was working on "crafts" which really means cutting paper into a bazillion tiny pieces and making a mess with the ink pads. At one point he had ink all over his hands so I had him do a print right on my grocery list.  I didn't think too much about it but now that I look at it--this print reminds me of why I plan.





It saves me time--precious time that I would much rather be spending with my son.  No mother has time to get home from work, scrounge the pantry and then decide what to make.  Usually I have about 15 minutes in the morning while I eat breakfast and it's during that time I will set out the ingredients I need for that night's dinner.  I pick meals that do not have a million ingredients and are fairly quick to throw together. 

It save me money--a precious resource.  We make it our goal to live on less than we make.  It's important to us that we stay out of debt, spend wisely and save for our son's college education.  Being purposeful with how I spend each dollar at the grocery helps our family achieve our goals.


Monday-Mom and Rory date night before music class.  Rory has already requested Chick-Fil-A.
Tuesday-Super Easy Chicken & Noodles  The boys LOVE this so I'll be making a double batch.
Wednesday-Easy as Spaghetti Pie Bake
Thursday-Bob Evans Chicken and Noodles (it's only $5!) with homemade corn muffins
Friday-Leftovers
Saturday-6 Bean Casserole
Sunday-Chicken Alfredo pasta with shredded zucchini
Breakfast-Jam Surprise Muffins
Treat-Munchable Mice  Rory loves helping in the kitchen so I'm looking for a special recipe we can do each week together.

I'm linking up to Organizational Junkie for more menu planning ideas.

Happy Cooking!

No comments: