Monday, February 11, 2013

Menu Plan thru February 17, 2013

It a short and easy week for us on the menu plan.  On Wednesday Josh and I will be signing the paper work for our new (but gently lived in before) house!  Although, this is our second house purchase, with an 18 month rental in between, it's just as exciting this time as it was when we bought our first house.  Our official move isn't until the end of March but this week will be filled with moving small items or things we can live without for a few weeks.

We are busting at the seems right now so anything we can get out of the way to make things easier will be a huge help.  So, this week I've pre-planned in the budget some extra funds to either eat quick or use up some gift cards for eating out.

Monday-grilled cheese for the boy and sauteed veggies for me
Tuesday-pancakes or waffles with fruit
Wednesday-Quesadilla Casserole  (this should yield leftovers for us to eat on the rest of the week)
Thursday-Lone Star Burgers
Friday, Saturday, Sunday-either leftovers or out while at the new house

The next few weeks will be shopping in my pantry.  I do try to keep a stocked pantry and could easily whip up quite a few meals out of what I have on hand.  We aren't moving far but I don't prefer to move food items so we will be eating those things up.

Happy Cooking!

My menu can also be viewed here and here.

3 comments:

The Chicken Lady said...

You should start sharing some of these recipies! Like that casserole. I'm always looking for new dinner ideas and for the past few weeks have been making out a meal plan for the week. Usually so we have quick lunch leftovers for subbing days :)

Unknown said...

How did you guys like the casserole?

Jenna Smith said...

Oh-I meant to text you! It was very yummy. I thought I had a whole pack of tortillas but only had 2. :) Mine ended up being mostly "filling" but I really liked it and loved that it gave enough leftovers for me to pack at least 3 days. Thanks for sharing!